Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kind Of Blue

This past Sunday I made a visit to the Georgia Aquarium; the world's largest. As a whole it was very impressive but I was stopped in my tracks by the jellyfish aquarium. It was just mezemerizing to look at. Something like you might see projected on a huge screen at a Pink Floyd concert; very soothing, just beautiful. Such cool looking creatures backlit in a sea of blue. The photos I got of the display speak more of its beauty than I ever could here in writing, so check em' out:

(click on the images to see them larger)














It's not the type work that you would usually see from me -- but that is what I created this blog for. To post stuff that may never make it onto my website or in my portfolio that I still think is worth sharing. And yes -- I do just happen to be listening to Miles Davis's 'Kind of Blue' album as I write this -- as these photos certainly fit the title of the album. Pink Floyd's music fits the feel of the jellyfish aquarium better though. Does anybody else like to think of music that fits certain types of photos and vise versa; or is that just me?

Hope you all like what you see, if you care to see more from my visit showing other parts of the aquarium than click here; and if you are interested in seeing some of my editorial and advertising portrait work then click here. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog -- feel free to comment if like.



Keith

No comments: