Sunday, December 2, 2007

Yet Another Reason Why I Love What I Do


I think any human being born with a Y chromosome has an innate fascination with all things planes, trains and automobiles. I am certainly no exception. While on this shoot, I felt like a little boy again -- though instead of a toy plane with fake motor sounds, my subject was the real thing.

Yes... I love what I do because it seems that I never know what I will be doing from day to day, week to week, month to month, or even year to year. Yes, the year to year part can be a little scary at times due to the lack of financial security that goes along with it... but I do love being at random places at random times shooting random people. This is the president of a charter air service in the area. While on this shoot I not only got to crawl around in a plane for fun but also got to fly this dude's twenty-something-thousand-dollar flight simulator. It was a blast... now if I can just talk him into actually letting me fly the actual plane -- under his supervision, of course.

No comments: