Saturday, August 18, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy



Last night I unexpectedly ended up at Chastain Park Amphitheater for the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show after scoring free tickets to it. I had been told they put on a great show, but was not that familiar with their music with the exception of one song, Mr. Pinstripe Suit. Well, being the music lover that I am, I thought it was all great. Excellent show musically -- and so much fun with everybody swing dancing. I love being around people having a good time like that, and just couldn't resist the urge to try and capture the fun through photography.

Everything you see in this post I shot with my iPhone. No, it's not technically perfect, but that's what I love about shooting with my phone. It limits the amount of control I have, and forces me to just see and do the best I can with a single focal length and very little control as far as exposure goes. It's an escape from shooting with any of my other camera's where I have a tendency to over do things. Both me and my clients have certain expectations of how my work looks when I'm really out shooting. The iPhone just allows me to go out and shoot for fun without being such a beast of burden. It reminds me of why I fell in love love with photography as a kid.

I owe a big thank you to Alan, at Wicked Westie, for the tickets. A night of music, dancing, friends, and photography? Yes please!










Love this shot due to the guy in the bottom right and all the smiles on the faces of people behind him.



Most everybody you see out in front of the stage here is doing some form of swing dancing. I'd never seen so many people swing dancing at one time in my life -- it was pretty wild to watch.  



No comments: