Thursday, July 19, 2012

Madison


I recently was shooting for musician and luthier, Mike Snowden, for his soon to be released latest album. While he was changing shirts during the shoot I ask his daughter if she wanted me to get some shots of her. She seemed to be all for it and it's a good thing because this is one of those shots -- and it turned out to be one of my favorites I shot that day. This is Madison. She looks very serious, and almost sad in this shot, but she was actually a really good natured kid. I got some great ones of her with her smiling as well, which represent her more as a kid I think, but this one had more impact from a strictly photography standpoint. I love it.  I ask her to look right into my lens with no smile and this is what she gave me. It was one of those shots that I knew as soon as I hit the shutter button that I had everything I wanted and then some. It's like she is staring through my camera lens and looking into the viewers soul.

Click on Image




At Mike's request I'm holding off on posting any shots of him I got until the album is released, but I do plan on doing a post that will include those once that time has gotten here. 

No comments: