Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Story Is Stronger Than The Scene

Sometimes the story behind my photos are better than the photos themselves. This shot is and its story is one such example of that:



I shot and processed this with my iPhone.


I'm not a morning person -- at all. Well, this morning I woke up at 4:15 am to go to the Easter Sunrise service on top of Stone Mountain with a friend that said he'd been wanting to go to it for years, but never had been able to get himself out of bed in time. Last night I called and told him I'd go with him, knowing he'd more likely actually get up and go if he had somebody to go with him. I didn't find out till this morning that this was the first time he had been to a church service, other than a wedding or funeral, in thirty years. I feel like me catching this shot was God's way of thanking me for getting him to church again after all these years. I love this shot -- it is my favorite of what I shot this morning.

 Happy Easter Everybody.

No comments: