Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Black Angel

This past week I photographed musician singer / songwriter Ashley Rivera in Athens, GA. She was a blast to work with and easy to photograph. The girl can sing too! Check out her music with the link I provided above; she definitely has the voice AND looks to be a country music star. I feel so lucky to have been able to work with such talented musicians like her as a photographer. Check out some of my favorite shots I got of her below:

Click on each shot to view in larger.

 "Black Angel" I think this one is my favorite from that day. It is just kind of wicked looking, which is what I was going for.  Her wearing nothing but black while sitting on an old church pew with with her white "HALO" above her head.  An interesting side story, that painting was done by one of the first people I met after moving to Atlanta almost ten years ago, Alex Leapold. It just happened to be hanging in Pigpen Studios where this shot was taken. Turns out Alex and the owner of PigPen Studios are close friends. It's a small world.

I love how this is in such contrast to the shot I  posted above. She has such a girl next door look to her here that you don't see at all in the shot above.









A candid I got of her right after I had made her laugh.
I like photographing cool tattoo's.


Daniel Collins at Pigpen Studios, thank you for allowing us to use your space man.

Ashley, work it Ashley. Woooork It!

Keith

No comments: